Creating and saving data visualizations requires you to have a Dacture account. Creating an account is really easy. To create an account:
- Click Sign Up.
- Enter your details.
Note: If you’re using Dacture for work or school, we prefer if you use the email address associated with that.
- Click Sign up.
You can skip this step if you’re going to work with a visualization you’ve already created. Also, if you’re bringing your own data set, the steps will vary slightly.
To select a data source:
- Click Data Sources.
- Pick the data source you want to use. If the data source is large, we may break it down further. Continue down the selection path until you have the source you want.
After choosing your data source, you are taken to the visualization builder screen.
To select a data set and build a chart:
- From the visualization builder screen, select your specific data source, if required. You can use a type-ahead option to do that.
- Choose the chart type.
- Choose the options for your x and y axis.
- Choose if you want to include data labels.
- Optionally name the x and y axis.
- Name your chart.
- Click create chart.
After creating a chart, you can choose to save the visualization. If you do save the visualization, it’ll appear on your Saved Charts page. From the Saved charts page, you can choose to edit or duplicate a chart.